Hello Compass Parents!!
Happy December! Can you believe Christmas break is right around the corner? The year is flying by we are so grateful for all that God continues to do in our public schools. Our prayer is that we will continue to be able to encourage Christians within the public schools to live their faith boldly and confidently so that truth and righteousness can flourish in our hallways and classrooms!
Highlights from November:
- We held our first Legal Freedoms Workshop for Educators, Parents and Students. Many learned more about our legal rights as Christians within the public schools and left better equipped to defend those rights as needed. See below for upcoming workshops!
- Minnetonka's "Tonka Staff for Christ" held its' first Christian Community Night. Representatives were there from various Christian Communities as parents and student learned more about ways to get plugged in. if you are interested in holding a similar event in your school or district, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Parents, educators, grandparents and others met WEEKLY to pray for our schools, educators, students and families in the public school system.
- Many came together and took action as the MSHSL Transgender Policy vote took place last week. The vote passed but the Christian community came together like never before to pray for this decision and those involved in making it and to make calls and write letters voicing their concerns. We continue to trust that God is still in control and will guide us as we fight for biblical principles in our schools and communities.
- 142 Educators from close to 30 districts across the metro came to our 2nd Annual Educator Breakfast on Saturday, November 22nd. It was a beautiful morning as these educators came together to worship our Lord, connect with others who share the same mission field and hear what it was God had for them that morning. If you would like to hear all that took place here is the audio link of the event. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmx0bjhvutlr2yr/EDUCATORS%20BREAKFAST.mp3?dl=0
- Our website is LIVE! Check it out at www.compasslink.org.
What's coming up??
- Public School Prayer Meetings will continue on Wednesday nights at Grace Church at 7pm in CA120C. Our remaining December meetings will be December 10th and December 17th. We will not meet on Dec 24th and 31st .
- "First Principles" is a ministry established in 1992 to inform and equip America's leaders with the nation's history that they might restore our country back to its foundational roots. America was founded as "One Nation Under God, " but today her future is in the hands of a generation ignorant of the country's history. Through prayer and action, First Principle has sounded a call to "Restore." This group will be holding a seminar on Wednesday, December 17th from 9am -5pm at Holiday Inn in Chanhassen. They will discuss the Foundations of American Law and Civil Government as well as hold a session on Restoring Social Virtue. For more information and/or to RSVP contact Tentmakers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our second Legal Freedoms Workshop will take place January 27th at 7pm at Grace Church, CA213. Details here http://www.compasslink.org/Events?fldMonth=1/1/2015&fldEventID=355264&fldOccuranceDate=1/27/2015
- Put Saturday, February 21st, on your calendar to participate in the next Big Serve in our schools!! So far we have projects in the works at EPHS and Central Middle School in Eden Prairie. Let us know at email@example.com if you are interested in serving in either of these schools. We are awaiting confirmation to serve at another EP school and one in Minneapolis. More details to follow!
- Attached is an overview from Alliance Defending Freedom highlighting our rights as Christians in the Public Schools around the Christmas holiday. Take a look and share this with your kids!
- Get plugged into Moms in Prayer Groups!! There is a group that meets for EPHS on Monday nights at 7:30pm at Wooddale Church prayer room and a new group that will be starting for CMS in January. For details go to www.momsinprayer.org.
Merry Christmas to you all! May you find joy as you celebrate the birth of our Savior!!
Facebook - "Compass-Navigating Public Education"